Profit center is a subunit of the company that generates revenue while cost center is where costs are allocated.
Manage profit and cost centers which you will use in transactions.
Manage Profit and Cost Centers
Follow these steps below to manage your profit and cost centers.
Adding Profit and Cost Centers
Go to Navigation Panel > Maintenance > Profit and Cost Centers.
Click Add New Subunit.
Enter the required fields ( * ).
Enter the name of the Profit or Cost Center.
Select a Type.
Click Add New Subunit to save.
Importing and Exporting
- Scroll down to the lower part of the page, you will see the upload controls section.
- Click Choose file and select .xls file you wish to upload.
- Click Upload button to import the file.
- You may click Download Template to download the right format of the .xls file to be uploaded.
- Click on the Export to Excel icon, located on the top right of the table.
You can also edit and delete profit and cost centers.
Click the table row of the profit or cost center to view and update.
Click Save Changes.
A pop-up window will appear to confirm your deletion, click OK.
Enabling Profit and Cost Centers in Transactions
Head to Company Setup > Default Settings, click System Preference tab to enable the profit and cost center.
Once enabled, Profit and Cost Center columns will be added in the item table of the transactions.